***My colleague and other USC Admission Counselor, Vivika Demel, is a USC Alum. I simply recently unearthed that she happened become admitted to the spring semester at USC. She was gracious enough to share with you her individual experience regarding the after guest web log. Keep reading for the look that is inside what it is like being a springtime admitted student.***
being a previous springtime admit, I realize the confusion numerous of you may be experiencing now. I remember getting my envelope that is big my acceptance page from USC, then realizing I was admitted for the spring.
‘ What does spring admission even mean?,’
We thought, ‘Why me? Does it suggest I had not been sufficient for fall?’ I invest a few telephone telephone calls towards the Admission Office and many thanks to a few admission that is helpful and students, I quickly had my concerns answered. We made the decision to accept USC’s spring offer. In retrospect, there were benefits to searching for the springtime, and We loved my Trojan experience.
Right Here are 5 things that helped me understand my offer of admission to spring semester:
- Being admitted for spring does NOT imply that USC does not want you! Focus on the Admit element of Spring Admit. We would like you! we are simply incapable to accommodate all the pupils we want for the fall semester, but we still want you being a member of the Trojan Family.
- You will be involved at USC in the fall. Spring admits can buy tickets for house soccer games and sit in the student section. Planning to games permitted me to meet other pupils and experience the Spirit of Troy. In addition, students can live near campus and simply simply take classes at district colleges, enabling you to connect with other Trojans into the fall.
- You have numerous options that are different your autumn semester. Pupils can enlist at community university, research at the American University of Paris (we want that this choice had been available whenever I had been a spring admit), travel or work, or do so alot more. The opportunities are endless, and the luxury is had by you to choose whatever is most beneficial for you personally.
- You’ll still graduate on time. Students who just take classes at community university tend to be able to graduate with their other Trojans who started in the fall. We actually took five General Education courses in the fall, and managed to increase major and small at USC and still graduate on time.
- You will still have A usc that is authentic experience. Aside from once they begin, our students get to have USC life to its fullest. It is possible to nevertheless be associated with our activities, occasions, classes, and businesses. Moreover, we guarantee housing for our springtime admits and try to pair spring admits together to make certain a provided smooth change.
To conclude, you shouldn’t be frightened or stressed about your springtime admission. You are a member for the Trojan Family with endless options and opportunities available.
when you have other concerns, please feel absolve to make contact with the workplace of Admission or your admission counselor.
Get Oriented With USC
May 1st is here. You’re committed. We’re therefore excited. You are relieved. HOORAY! Time for the step that is next.
Sign up for USC Orientation!
USC Orientation Programs helps re-confirm the commitment you could are making by today; the May 1st Commitment Deadline. Regarding the practical side it’s important as you’ll have the ability to sign up for your classes, discover where things are on campus, and obtain situated. However, you may also arrived at the campus and make new friends, also future BFF’s. You shall learn the battle song. You’ll finally get the hang of throwing up the ‘V for Victory’ sign. (if you don’t was raised in a single of those families who knew exactly how to accomplish this before learning how to hold a bottle, being an infant) All exciting things!
numerous of our personnel are Trojan alums and went through Orientation fairly current enough to keep in mind their experiences. Read their quotes below as they reminisce about their very memories that are first a Trojan during their orientation.
‘USC Orientation was pretty awesome. My OA was an unbelievable resource and gave a lot of great advice about life as a USC student. Also, I met some of my future sorority sisters at Orientation. Positively memories that we shall constantly cherish.’
-Jessica Frey, Class of 2013
‘ The best benefit of Orientation was the Spirit Rally! Hearing the musical organization play, learning all the traditions, and being surrounded by my fellow Trojans was a memory we will not forget for a long period.’
-Neelam Savla, Class of 2012
‘To be honest, it’s hard for me personally to keep in mind my orientation. Partially I need to start some memory exercises) because I graduated from USC in 2011 and my orientation was in 2007(. The things I actually do remember was during Welcome Week as well as the beginning of USC, we didn’t feel lost or I belonged like I didn’t know where. I think that’s a representation of my Orientation experience and exactly just how it prepared me to step on campus within the fall and feel at ease. One memory that stands apart and it is clear from my orientation ended up being registering for classes. My scholastic advisor at the time, whom finished up being one of my bosses through it all so whenever I walked out of the office, I felt absolutely nothing but excited about starting college, the classes I happened to be taking and being a Trojan.’
-Kendall Williams, Class of 2011
‘ My memory that is fondest of Orientation was going later on with a few of the latest acquaintances and planning to Del Taco for a midday snack. We came across some pupils that became some of my friends that are first USC. It absolutely was additionally my first—and last—trip to Del Taco. (Go eat some Chano’s rather).’
-Eric Gebert, course of 2010
‘ From the band to the battle track towards the So Cal Spell Out, we liked learning about Trojan Traditions.’
-Bryan Hudson, course of 2013
‘we remember eating into the dining halls for the very first time with my most useful friend and realizing, after 3 delicious slices of pie, that the freshman 15 is very, very genuine.’
-Tyler-Rose Veguez, Class of 2012
‘i went to Orientation 4 times (well, 4 summers) once as an incoming freshman and three times as a learning pupil staff member. It was constantly great to see people go from knowing no someone to finding best buddies in that quick timespan that is two-day. They could be buddies you keep forever or friends just for the couple times you’re on campus, but in any event, they help you know that you will find great individuals at USC and also you can find your niche as soon as you move in.’
-Noel Viramontes, course of 2009
‘Orientation had been the moment every thing really clicked. I finally had the possibility to stay down and talk with not only current USC students, but my very own freshman classmates in depth. We still had much in common royal vegas casino sign up bonus though we might have come from different parts of the world and had different majors. These unique and people that are fascinating me excited to live, learn, and develop at USC the next four years.’
-Clay Busia, Class of 2013
IMPORTANT NOTE: it doesn’t matter what orientation session you sign up for. You’ll have the same use of the classes you will need if you attend the previous or later sessions.
Many of you have already signed up and reserved a spot for orientation. Superb! Until your session, feel free to explore the USC Orientation Programs website. If you might be desperate to find more info about student groups and companies on campus, go right to the USC Student Affairs web site. Your time and effort as a Trojan will be right here before it is known by you!
Hey Trojans that is current and, would you keep in mind any enjoyable memories you had at Orientation?