ï»¿ but it’s a different sort of busy than recruiting regarding the road or reading applications. At USC, our company is fulfilling and greeting admitted first-year students and their families at 15 different on-campus events, in addition to dozens of off-campus receptions in cities round the U.S. and abroad! On top of that, we are all anxiously checking to see which pupils are determined to commit to sign up at USC. The ball really is in your court now.
When deciding which university to attend for the following four years, its so valuable to visit the educational school you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a pupil on each campus. Exactly What would I eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision exactly what your USC experience could be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we curently have students asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and ideally when) you determine to come to USC, listed here is an outline associated with steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, in the event that you haven’t already. Look at the Financial Aid section of our site for lots more information about how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you’ve got a https://casinopokies777.com/royalvegas-casino/ better chance of having the kind of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you are perhaps not 100% sure you’re coming to USC year that is next it is possible to submit the housing application and $45 fee to hold your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over the summer. Orientation is a great possiblity to spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you will have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you’ll also sign up for courses with an advisor that is academic. You will be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 business days after you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for every score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Visit our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
When you yourself have questions that aren’t covered in your admission packet or on our website or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answer your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does which means that?
For starters, we’ve more international students than any institution that is private the nation (15% in last 12 months’s freshman class!). We think that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a good learning environment by permitting for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted within the classroom.
Certain courses by themselves are even created around providing students with the chance to connect to pupils from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife university teaches a class called Global Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this program, USC pupils work collaboratively (via Skype) with pupils from ITAM, a top Mexican college, also as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing pc software.
USC additionally ranks sixth into the nation for sending pupils abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business have the opportunity to fulfill leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language skills by spending a summer living with a bunch family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils aided by the possibility to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For the few weeks, students will stay on-campus and investigate a problem that is international in scope. They then travel to your area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are on offer in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, merely to name a few!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Of late, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its worldwide existence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but we’re really a global place!