The following scholarship and grant possibilities can be obtained to senior school and college students involved with music training and music performance. These are typically supplied right right here when it comes to ease of Tri-M Honor community and NAfME Collegiate users. To learn more about these scholarships, please go to the internet sites referenced. Understand of a scholarship or possibility which should be put into this list? Email email@example.com.
Click a category below to see the scholarships:
Scholarships for Senior School Juniors
“The President’s Own” United States Marine Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for highschool artists.
- The champion shall appear as a guest soloist utilizing the U.S. Marine Band and be given a money prize. Ready to accept twelfth grade artists (grades 9–12) enrolled through the 2017–2018 educational 12 months. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: 15 november
This yearly spring occasion provides pupils the opportunity to audition for many college/university music programs from around the world. You’ll audition for as much associated with the participating schools while you like. You’ll additionally find out more about each one of the programs that are represented.
This scholarship offers money that is prize pupils whom write an essay of 250 terms or less for a music theme. The twentieth essay that is annual will commence September 1, 2019.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 music and scholarship services and products with regards to their college music system.
- Public and personal college pupils in grades 4–12 meet the criteria.
- Deadline: December 31
The Davidson Fellowship is ready to accept pupils who are able to show noteworthy achievements through the development of the “significant piece of content” targeted at enhancing the life of other people in many subject matter, including music. A “significant piece of content” in music will be a exemplary performance and/or another demonstration of extraordinary success.
- Awards are awarded within the level of $50,000, $25,000, and $10,000.
- Candidates needs to be underneath the chronilogical age of 18 to qualify for this prize.
- Deadline: 13 february
Every year, outstanding young artists with disabilities, many years 14-25, are acquiesced by the VSA International younger Soloists Competition. The Kennedy Center selects as much as four champions from around the entire world. Applicants can use as an instrumental or soloist that is vocal or as ensembles. Your competitors is available to all genres. Chosen performers winnings a $2,500 reward, expert development tasks, as well as the chance to perform during the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
Any musician by having a impairment is entitled to apply as either a domestic applicant or an applicant that is international. Your competition is available to soloists in addition to ensembles as high as five users. For ensembles to meet the requirements, a minumum of one musician will need to have an impairment, and all sorts of users should be involving the many years of 14-25.
All genres of music are accepted, including yet not limited by classical, jazz, hip-hop, rap, rock/alt stone, pop music, indie, bluegrass, folk, nation, R&B/blues, Latin, and World
Deadline: March 29, 2019
Application information is available in the VSA internet site.
These scholarships can be obtained to users of the Tri-M® musical Honor Society, system of NAfME. The scholarship system offers scholarship money for summer time study programs to chapters that win certainly one of three recognitions during the nationwide level in each unit: senior (twelfth grade) and junior (middle college). Scholarship cash is granted because of the advisors associated with winning chapters to students that are deserving.
- Start simply to people in the Tri-M Music Honor Society.
- Champions have actually the chance to win as much as $1,000 in scholarship funds for summer time music study.
- Deadline: Might 3
The Musical Theater Songwriting Challenge is an effort associated with National Endowment for the Arts partnering using the United states Theatre Wing as well as in collaboration with Playbill, Inc. and Disney Theatrical Productions. The Songwriting Challenge is really a nationwide competition for twelfth grade pupils who possess a passion for composing tracks that may be element of a theater production that is musical. This system offers six semi-finalists mentorship opportunities with expert songwriters and performers additionally the chance to have a song that is original by those performers.
The nationwide Champion is going to be granted a scholarship of $25,000 and all sorts of six finalists has their track posted by Samuel French. The application form portal starts in and must be submitted by April 30 october. Six local semi-finalists are established in February therefore the competition that is national the six local semi-finalists is likely to be held in April in new york.
Southern California senior high school students of all of the ability amounts ought to apply 100% free. Far more than the usual competition, Spotlight is just a scholarship and arts training course, which empowers pupils by emphasizing planning, courage, critical reasoning and perseverance while supplying an excellent window of opportunity for pupils to hone their abilities! $100,000 in money scholarships are granted each to students year. Personalized feedback, master classes with internationally renowned designers, doing arts workshops and much more!
- Deadline: 14 october
- Each category is bound to 400 applicants
Community Service/Extracurricular Strategies Oriented-Scholarships
Are you currently a school music student that is high? Do you wish to figure out how to travel? Get your music manager to nominate you for the FMA Solo Scholarship. In cooperation with FMA’s members that are corporate sponsors nationwide, this system will fund scholarships to juniors or seniors in twelfth grade who’ve been selected by click here to find out more their music manager.
The Tribute Award Scholarship Program is available to senior high school juniors that have actually the absolute minimum 2.75 GPA and intend on going to a certified official official certification, licensing or training course or organization of degree. In addition, the prospect must show achievement in every associated with four areas that are following unique talents, leadership, community solution, and hurdles overcome.
- Scholarships of $25,000 can be found.
- Due dates: The Sweepstakes starts on February 2, 2019, at 12:00 a.m. ET, finishes on January 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and is comprised of twelve (12) month-to-month entry durations.
Sponsored together with the nationwide Association of Secondary School Principals, these honors honor young people in grades 5 through 12 who possess volunteered inside their communities. This award program could be the country’s volunteer recognition program that is largest for young adults.
Pupils preparing travel that is educational but requiring monetary help can put on for the “Road” Scholarship provided by the SYTA Youth Foundation, Inc. (SYF). The SYF provides scholarships 3 x per year. Music directors, teachers, principals, along with other youth leaders can submit nominations.
- Pupils 25 and under that are taking part in pupil group travel meet the criteria.
- Prizes as much as $1,000 can be found.
- Due Dates: March 15, November 15
Scholarships for Senior High School Seniors
“The President’s Own” United States aquatic Band, with the aquatic Corps Heritage Foundation and NAfME, announces the aquatic Band Concerto Competition for senior school performers.
- The champion will appear as a guest soloist utilizing the U.S. aquatic Band and be given a money prize. Available to highschool performers (grades 9–12) enrolled throughout the 2017–2018 scholastic 12 months. Performers of woodwind, metal, or percussion instruments may use.
- Deadline: 15 november
The scholarship competition is ready to accept school that is high from Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana whom intend to pursue levels in music (traditional, jazz, or any other) at a certified four-year university having a music program acknowledged by the nationwide Association of Schools of Music, or a conservatory with a more popular nationwide profile like the Juilliard School, Curtis Institute of musical, or the brand New England Conservatory.
- First award is $20,000; 2nd reward is $12,500; and 3rd reward is $7,500.
- Within the application process, pupils have to submit an audition movie. Semi-finalists will likely be invited to do in a daylong party of music at Walk Festival Hall in Jackson Hole on Saturday, June 8, 2019, where they’re going to compete when it comes to scholarship award cash in the front of GTMF’s panel of distinguished judges and an audience that is live.
- Deadline: 1, 2019, 11:59 PM MDT april
This prize is provided to graduating school that is high or first-year university students whom plan to make music a main section of their future life.
- Candidates submit audition CDs or tapes; finalists compete in Clarinda, Iowa; and 3 instrumentalists and 3 vocalists are selected to do during the Glenn Miller Festival. Champions receive as much as $4,500.
- Deadline: March 1
This scholarship offers prize cash to pupils whom compose an essay of 250 terms or less on a music theme.
- Chosen pupils winnings a $1,000 music and scholarship services and products for his or her college music program.
- Public and school that is private in grades 4–12 qualify.
- Deadline: December 31